Our office will be closed through Tuesday September 12, 2017.
Comcast opens Xfinity Wi-Fi hotspots across Florida during Hurricane Irma
It's a free push-to-talk app. If you would like to connect, my Zello username is AudraRussell16. Click http://i.zello.com/WNBBMV to accept my invitation. Keep in mind this app works only through you network provider or Wi-fi
The City of Delray Beach utilizes CodeRED to provide critical info to residents, businesses and visitors during emergency extreme weather events, such as Hurricane Irma. Click the "sign up" button below to receive voice calls, text messages and emails with important updates. CodeRED is a free service. #StaySafeDelrayBeach http://bit.ly/2gHFLWh
Florida Division of Emergency Management
The Florida Division of Emergency Management has a plethora of information relating to Hurricane Irma. Please click on the link below for more information
Safety Tips for Hurricane Irma
Here is a cute list of tips I found on Facebook
A few hurricane 💨🌪💨tricks for those who may need it:
1. Start running your ice makers now and bagging the ice in freezer bags. Fill as much space in between your freezer items as you can.❄️❄️
2. Freeze regular tap water for pets, cleaning or drinking in tupperware-type containers. REMEMBER to leave a small bit of space between the top of the water & the lids so the ice expands but doesn't crack the container.💦💧
3. Start using up your perishables to make more room for ice in the freezer.
4. Fill up all vehicles & check tires & oil.⛽️⛽️🚗🚙
5. Cash from ATM, at least enough to get you through tolls and gas out of town. Call your bank if you plan on leaving the state so they don't freeze your card for out-of-area "suspicious" transactions.🏦💰
6. All important docs screenshot & send to your email. Take originals in sealed bags or plastic bins.🖥💻
7. Pet & livestock food & supplies. Vet records in case you need to shelter then at a storm-safe facility.🐶🐱🐰🐯🐸🐷
8. Evacuation plans and share with family members so they know where you're headed.🗣👨👨👧👧
9. Consider putting heirlooms & photos in plastic bins in a high place, second floor, or safe room if you don't plan on taking them with you.🗃🗄
10. SECURE ALL FIREARMS & AMMUNITION PROPERLY.💣
11. Old rags & beach towels on your windowsills. Even with the best windows & shutters, water seeping from the wind pressure happens. A few damp towels is better than soaked drywall or floors!🏚🏠
12. Shutter windows and doors and bring everything outside into your garage or house NOW. 🏚🏚Do not wait until the day before. Better to get done early and relax than wait until its too late, ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE MANDATORY PERSONNEL (hospital employee or first responder).
13. If you don't already have your hurricane supplies, you might want to get them now. Shelves are already empty in most places.🍏🍎🍌🍐💧💧
Feel free to copy & paste! Let's share this post & spread the word!
Be Safe and God Bless,
WATS CPA - Your Financial Family
Are you a current client? If so, I would love your feedback! Please take a few minutes to complete this short survey and/or leave a Google rating review for your experience with WATS CPA. Thank you in advance.